Timeline is one of the most impressive result format in Semantic MediaWiki. But SIMILE timeline looks very old-fashioned and its code is a great mess. Moreover many of our clients find it too complicated and I totally agree with them:
- It’s open source
- It’s zoomable
- It’s clean and simple and it really appears interactive to me. It seems like it invites you to click and zoom it
- It allows you to insert complex html into event boxes
- It’s damn powerful: they have clustering, mobile version, jquery themes support, skin support, grouping and editing (I’m thrilled to support that in SMW)
- it has beautiful documentation for programmer. One of the best documentation I’ve seen since I program on Qt.
- it uses Google API and thus it’s illegal to use it without internet (though technically possible)
Go to extension page and download this nice result format and try it in your projects! If you need some specific features to be added, just ask me. As always, if I have time to implement them in my free time, I’ll gladly do so. Otherwise, funding is also possible.